- OEM Adaptation Kit for Windows CE.
- Original equipment manufacturer. Used primarily to refer to PC systems
- Object linking and embedding. A way to transfer and share information
among applications. OLE is based on the COM programming model and binary
- A design initiative that seeks to create all the components required for a
comprehensive, system-wide approach to system and device power control. OnNow
is a term for a PC that is always on but appears off and that responds
immediately to user or other requests.
- option ROM
- Optional read-only memory found on PC bus expansion cards. Option ROMs
usually contain additional firmware required to properly boot the peripheral
connected to the expansion card, for example, a hard drive. Also
- A logical operation for combining two bits or two Boolean values; if one
or both values are true, it returns the values of true. Compare with
- Operating-system–directed power management. A model of power (and system)
management in which the operating system plays a central role and uses global
information to optimize system behavior for the task at hand.
- In terms of data flow in kernel streaming and ActiveMovie, indicates
production of data. An out pin is compatible with an in pin.